Saturday 19 March 2016

TOMBOW MONOTWIN Marker, a new love!

As my love to all kinds of modern calligraphy expands, I was lucky to get to know a great marker which not only is great for all kinds of drawing but also for hand lettering. Tombow monotwin marker has two tips, fine and broad and it lets you to have fine and thick lines as you desire. If you are a planner girl, you can easily use them on your washi tapes in your planner and be confident that it actually stays on your washi. If you are a letterer like me, you can create all sorts of lettering projects using both tips.

I would love to share with you what I did using this marker below. I think this way, you can design your letters differently, you can bring emphasis to the areas you can't really create using a brush pen.

First, using the fin tip I wrote words, anything, a quote you like:


Then using the fine tip again, I started to draw lines in areas I would like to be shown more bold, it is totally up to you where you create this lines, here is what I came up with:

and the last step, filling out between the lines with the broad tip and work through it until you get a look you desire. 


Always remember, if you make a mistake, the great Tombow sand eraser is to rescue.

 And the final result:


I must tell you though, once writing with the marker, it gets dry instantly, so you will be able to use a Tombow brush pen on it and make it colorful and pretty!

I hope you enjoy this little tutorial.
until next time...
XOXO
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment