Tuesday 27 October 2015

Get Well Soon ...

Hospitals have been always my least favorite place to be. Oh, there is only one exception: when you or someone else is having a baby. I must confess that staying one week at the hospital, when I was having my son, regardless of all of the complications, was really my best time as I experienced the most wonderful magic of the world. In that period of time, I did not even have time to think about how I dislike this place!
Back to our subject, I had this opportunity to get to know a wonderful lady who runs a pretty boutique in one of our hospitals in my town and she was kind enough to accept to display my handmade cards at her boutique as she really liked them. It was very exciting for me as I get to know how people are really thinking of my art. You always come across very nice and supportive people who compliment your art work and it really warms up your strength and help you keep going; however I think being in a market is something else and it would really gives you an indication of where you are and where you are going in terms of your work. I must say that it was very exciting for me to create "sympathy" and "get well soon cards" for her boutique. During the time I was making the cards, I kept thinking of who would get this card in the hospital? Would it make her/him happy? Would she/he feel better when touching and opening one of these cards?...and I really hoped this would happen. My intention of using so many colors and die-cuts of flower and butterfly patterns was exactly to warm some one's heart warmer. I believe, this is the intention of art in general; to make our life prettier, warmer, calmer, and more peaceful. This particular card you see here, is the first one I made for the "get well soon" collection. I hope the positive and warm vibes get to the hands of people and they feel it as I as I felt during the process.
Stay Tuned...
For more pictures of my handmade cards check out my Instagram page @handmadebysarat
XOXO
Sara T

No comments:

Post a Comment